Sunday, May 18, 2014

Welcome



So I am ready to jump into the world of blogging!  After teaching elementary school for twenty years, I decided to share my "wisdom" with all of you.  A little about me... as I said I've been teaching for twenty years.  I've had stints in kindergarten and first grade, but most of my time has been spent in second grade, where they still  enjoy school and want to do well, but can do many, if not most, things for themselves.

I'm also a wife and mother to one 8 year old daughter "K" and one 80lb labradoodle, Shack. Of course we love spending time together just hanging out, playing games, watching our favorite shows and reading.  Both my daughter and dog also have food allergies, which places additional challenges on our day to day lives. We are now expert label readers and have become "uber" aware of food in our culture.  K, though is amazing, and faces her peanut and tree nut allergies head on, taking amazing responsibility for herself.  The dog on the other hand ... not so much.  He'll still eat anything, including the chicken that makes him sick.

Over the last few years, as our district has adapted to the Common Core and our new curriculum, I have found myself re-energized and excited about teaching again.  (Of course the new Promethean boards are an added bonus!)  These changes have me seeking new materials for my class.  My enthusiasm has lead me to begin creating my own things for my class, and am now offering them on Teachers Pay Teachers.  Please stop by and check out my store at http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Heather-Rill   I'm always looking for new followers.

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you and hearing about your teaching and life stories!
Hugs,
Heather

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12287455/?claim=jqkhg8vzrc5">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

0 comments:

Post a Comment