Sunday, June 15, 2014

Hollywood, Here We Come


Last summer, I decided to go with a theme in my classroom.  Now, I don't go full-out with all kinds
of decorations and decor, but I did want it all to tie together.  After browsing through TPT, Pinterest, etc, I went with a Hollywood theme, bought my graphics (Scrappin Doodles and Melonheadz), and  started creating.







going home posters, and more.  

I also purchased some other sets from TPT to add to what I had.  I must say, I like what I came up with and so did my kiddos.


They especially liked the job chart -- with "Lead Actor" instead of line leader and "Assistant Director" instead of messenger.  I was worried I wouldn't remember the new names, but I did just fine and so did they.


 They also liked the Hollywood themed reward system.  Each day they can earn a sticker for their desk sticker chart (also a freebie).  When they fill the chart, they can earn a coupon.  I love these coupons!! Of course I got the idea from other TPTers and Pinterest.  I redid my coupons so instead of "Bring a Stuffed Animal to School" they could choose "Animal Wrangler" or "Special Effects" instead of show and share.  The coupons were a big hit.  Most popular was "Second Director" which allowed them to sit in my director's chair (a gift from a previous class).  These coupons definitely beat the treasure box!  There is no expense involved on my part and the kids absolutely love earning them.  And I'm sure parents are grateful for not having any more "treasures" come home to add to the collection.

All of these items, plus other Hollywood themed items, are available at my Teachers Pay Teachers store.  I have also bundled many of these items together into a Hollywood Decor Set.

Have you planned your classroom yet?  What theme are you going with?  I'd love to hear your ideas.

Hugs,
Heather

0 comments:

Post a Comment